Wednesday 16 April 2008

So today I have....

*blitzed the kitchen
*blitzed the bathroom
*had my hair all cut off!!!
*played memory games with the children
*cried because the children are fighting so much
*made a shepherds pie with Amelia (!!)
*sat down to make an unfinsished card and got called away..AGAIN.
*start making a (headless) giraffe!!!!
*had yet another NVQ assessment cancelled on me!

I am shattered to be honest, despite me so wanting to sit down and do something creative, I think all I am fit for is curling up on the settee...might manage a bit of knitting if I am lucky.


The giraffe has been planned for weeks and is part of Amelia's homework-it needs to be over a meter tall and suitable to go outside in the school playground. We still have a long way to go (as you can see by the pics) but at least we have made a start. Paper mache alert!!!!!!

Helping Daddy!!!
Concentration!!

Fine motor skills...who needs the practice?

Letting Jack have a turn!

The result so far.....a headless..er...Giraffe!!!
Please watch out for our next riveting installment of "The headless Giraffe!!!"

12 comments:

tiggertastic said...

Wow excellent work, he is really taking shape.

thanks for showing us the photos and big well done, sarah x

Nicola - Keyboard Queen said...

OMG that looks like a fantastic start!! It's way bigger than I thought you'd be making!

Good luck finishing it - can't wait to see more pictures!

Unknown said...

Thats amazing - and it's not finished yet.

What a super project to do.
x

LAZY-TROUT said...

WOW Adele that is looking fantastic - I cant wait to see the finished result!!

JuanitaTortilla said...

Wow, what a day.
Can't wait to see the complete giraffe!

LucindaBee said...

wow - fantastic. Can't wait to see the finished result.

Anonymous said...

that looks great!

Erm, but, we need pictures of your new hair do!

LOL

caroline said...

This looks like the makings of a masterpiece! I think you have well and truly met the brief so far,I am waiting with baited breath for the next installment. Have loads of fun with the messy mache. Caroline X (cupcakedaft)

silvercustard said...

fantastic!!!! looks like it's going to be stunning.... keep us posted hun xx

Louly said...

That looks amazing! The body shape is spot on! We didn't get a picture of the hair chopped off though did we? hmmm. I hope the kids have stopped arguing and you soon get sorted with your NVQ asessment.

Max said...

Don't suppose you fancy coming round and showing me how to 'blitz' do you? No ?? Ah well ... no matter LOL!
What a fabulous project ... look forward to phase 2 when the head is added and paper mache is slapped on. Maybe the garden would be a good idea for this stage LOL!

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

Fantastic, nice to see your work in progress Adele. Cute kids, looks like everybody was having fun :)