Sunday 27 April 2008

A weekend over...

....and not a lot done!!! My listmaking isn't going too well!

Gerry Hula Hoop has not changed much, today I manged to put on his bottletop knees and then add his ears and little horn things!!

Out of the 3 NVQ assignments I have only managed 1 still although the second is well under way.

Out of the 4 commissioned cards I have only made 1.....oh well, the week isn't quite over.

The card I DID manage to make was a wedding card- vintage style, using chocolate brown, cream and golds. This is what I ended up with.

I met 2 challenges here;

This weeks dare from The Daring Card Makers.
"Hi it's Keryn here and it's my turn to Distress you all, or at least your cards with this weeks dare. You can make a card for any season, any holiday, any occaision but you need to use either a fingernail, curled edges, sandpaper, tearing, anything you like really as long as looks like it's had a fair bit or wear and tear."
and also sketch # 9 over on My Paper World.
I have promised myself a hot shower and an early night as Amelia must have woke us up nearly every hour last night!!!








16 comments:

LAZY-TROUT said...

First of all - WOW with the giraffe - the head is fantastic - you have done a super job!!!!

Second - just love the card - the heart is beautiful.

Third - hope you manage an early night and get a good nights sleep!

Louly said...

Adele it's stunning! You are such a clever card maker. I just love love love that Giraffe. I bet you'll be sad to see it go (and a little happy at the same time I guess!)
P.S I've just released a new Dottie collection -thought you might like to know!

My Paper World said...

Adele, your giraffe looks amazing! and so does your card! It's really beautiful and the vintage style looks great!
Thanks for using the sketch, i'll link up to your card in my new post tomorrow.
Nicola xx

Max said...

It is wonderful to see your giraffe prgress through the stages and you should be very proud ... he is wonderful.

he vintage card is just oo elegant for words. I love it.

Max said...

Whoops ... my "T" button is a bit sticky ... sorry. *blush*

Beth said...

I love your wedding card, the browns look really classy

Sandy said...

Woooooooooooooooow they are fabulous creations. Stunning work. Love them.

LISA said...

brilliant, both the giraffe and you card :-)

Cathy said...

Gorgeous wedding card - I love the vintage feel to it.

Kathy said...

Your card is fab Adele, and the giraffe is looking wonerful

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, love all the embossing

Anonymous said...

Adele I love your vintage wedding card. It's so unique and so beautiful!

Twiggy said...

Your giraffe is magic, well done you !
The card is lovely, I really like the colours and the heart is so pretty.
twiggy

debby4000 said...

Beautiful and elegant card.

ella bella said...

stunning card love the papers and the colour very elegant

Angie C said...

What a stunning card you have made using Nicola's sketch.

Your giraffe looks amazing