Sunday 6 April 2008

Papertake Weekly- Making Waves!


I have been looking around for a few more challenge sites and building a nice little list in my favorites- I am still trying to get myself tidied and organised, but progress is slow. If only I didn't take quite so long dithering about what to actually do- then progress would be much better...but that is me I am afraid, I have been like it for 42 years, I can't see me changing now!



I am going to use a big desk diary that is sitting unused in the kitchen, for my crafty use. Hopefully I can put in challenges and deadline dates as well as working towards any cards I need to make personally. My own diary gets filled up with appointments for hospitals, opticians, school meetings, NVQ deadlines....etc.....not anything for ME!!!! Now if only I could find my old filofax and transfer all the birthday dates over I could make a start!!!



Right waffle over- this is my first attempt at a Papertake Weekly Challenge. I found the site a few weeks back but never got around to joining in. But this week I just had to have a go.



Making Waves

This weeks challenge is nice and easy! 'Making Waves' - the challenge is to use scallops or zig-zags (or both if your really keen lol!) on your project! Looking forward to seeing your creations!



I have been wanting to try out some large scallops for a while and yesterday while organising the childrens crafty stuff, I came across an embossing template that came free with a magazine...it had a really large scalloped edge so I just couldn't resist trying it out- and the scallops fit perfectly onto a small square card. I made two this morning- a Sugar Nellie for a girl and a Cuddly Buddly for a boy.


8 comments:

tracie said...

wow these are gorgeous, I love the layout and papers. Those stamps are fab :-)x

Anonymous said...

I have got a big diary that I use for writing in challenges. Then I pick and choose which ones I want to do throughout the week.

I have a few challenge blogs listed on my blog if that is any help.

Jules x

Tasha said...

Fab cards! So cute!

I keep meaning to put challenges and things I need to get made in a diary but I'm not that organised, lol. I'd probably forget to look anyway!

Good luck with getting organised

Hazel said...

Perfect use of the scallops. I too need to get more organised ... one day!

Mandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Adele!

Mandy

Beth said...

hese are both great! I love the big scallops!

Mrs Mayne said...

These are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Crafting Queen said...

What lovely cards, love the papers you used.