Tuesday 1 April 2008

Spent all day crafting...

....and achieved a big fat nothing....well I lie!! I have manged one likkle card! I have been playing with different ideas on how to include personalised information on the fronts of these cards I need to make!

Earlier I thought it would be a good idea to make up a little girlie bag card. Looked around for templates but just didn't seem to find what I had in mind. Loads of lovely 3d bags and boxes to add to my "to do" list but I needed something straight forward that would fit in a standard envelope.
Eventually I decided to make one up myself!! Took inspiration from the very simple Quickutz handbag, then played with a closure and clasp, didn't get on with that so I added a little pocket instead. I made the pocket out of a Sizzix large die-super scallop tag, just cutting off the tag shaped end. Next I ran part of it through my CB paisley embossing folder and scored the edges of the pocket.
Really not sure I like it, it doesn't help that I am not a purple person!!!



Oh, and Mr Postie knocked on my door just before the school run this afternoon (!!!) I have my prize goodies from Martine for the Fairy card.......scrummy, thank you Martine, will take some pics later!!

2 comments:

Apryl said...

I think its a very pretty card. And I DO like purple...alot actually. and especially purple handbangs, I have two leather ones, one is a soft mauvey purple and the other is much brighter, purple is good.

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Well I think it's fabulous!! It looks great...as do all your other creations!! I've just been on a lovely wander through your blog and have thoroughly enjoyed my visit x