Wednesday 12 March 2008

Race for Life

After my MILs recent scare of her breast cancer recurring and some more recent bad news, I did a foolish thing today and joined up to the "Race for Life!" I say foolish as I am in agony at the moment with what I beieve to be a heel spur, I have had the pain on and off for a few years now, but never this bad. But hey ho it's only 5k, I can dose myself up with painkillers and hobble around!

So in addition to my hectic life I am somehow going to fit a training program in...did it in 2006 in exactly 40 mins, would love to beat that but will just aim to get around for now!

PLEASE, PLEASE, if you are reading this and can spare even a pound or two, please donate. So many lives are being hit by cancer and I just feel compelled to help in any way I can. My Just Giving webpage is at the top of the blog! Thank you.

( I did consider taking Amelia around with me for the first kilometer...but then I decided that WOULD have been too foolish!!!

1 comment:

silvercustard said...

good luck with the fund raising Adele, i ran at Gillingham last year (2th May)it was a bit wet and muddy !!!! i'm raceing again this year but going to run Maidstone this time.....have a great run!!!