Thursday 6 May 2010

The case of the boot and the Twinkle Toes Talc!



Went down the village to vote and then quickly popped into the Co-op to grab some pasta for a quick and easy dinner! It was LOVELY, diced bacon a nice salad and some yummy garlic bread.





Loaded the dishwasher, tidied the kitchen, took the tin foil from the grill pan and put it in the bin, just as I bent down to put it in the bin, SPLAT. Bacon fat all over my lovely green, suede boot!

I resisted temptation to wipe it off and with some cyber help, cornstarch was recommended. No cornstarch in cupboard I grabbed at Amelia's "Tinkerbell Magic Talc" (she calls in twinkle toes powder!) and smothered my poor boot! At least I have magic on my side.

Hey ho, if it doesn't work at least my boot will smell nice and fresh and it will be a great excuse to treat myself to another pair of boots...or two....there must be some bargains out there, right?

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh my goodness,fingers crossed that it works,please blog the outcome.I would be devastated if that happened to my lovely swede boots. though the nearest I can get to Twinkle Toes Talc is Baby's Bottom Talc.lol! x

Nicky said...

Oh no - let us know if it works although I don't think I have any talc wonder if flour would work??!!