Friday 21 November 2008

Killing 3 birds with 1 stone...eeek!

LOL...very appropriate title but do not fear, no birds or animals were harmed in the production of this blog!


I decided to group together some of the challenges this week as my crafting time has been almost non existent. What with the new and improved, daily postings over on Dottie's World I now have the Friday slot to waffle on too!!!! With that in mind I wanted to make another card for Nicola's Fur or Feather challenge. After changing my mind ..er...shall we just say "several" times over what image to use, I eventually decided on using Little Birdie from the Animal Magic collection.


Seeing as I had my new oval Nestabilies on my desk, looking rather unloved and unused (criminal I know!) I thought I'd try them out. Using a non-christmas paper such as Basic Grey- Oh Baby-Nathan as a background paper I also met the Christmas card with a twist challenge over on Crafts by Carolyn .


The card just wasn't complete without a fluttering of snowflakes so I also met the criteria for this week's Snowy challenge over on Cute Card Thursday.
I love this Little Birdie and it's so versatile, layer it up, a bit of glitz and some fluffy snow on the branch and a bright red chest, it makes a fab Christmassy Robin. A change of colour and surround him/her with hearts, a great Valentines Day Card. Surround with flowers for Mother's day...........the choices are endless!


I had earmarked this card for hubby's Christmas card....but then he walked in and saw it!!! Hmmm-men!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!
Jencie creafoly.canalblog.com

Andrea, said...

Oh this is fab, the bird is brilliant, thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Crafting Queen said...

What an adorable bird! Great card.

Pejtoon said...

Hi!
Tjis card great! Like everyone :)
I love this bird :D Lovely!

Pejtoon said...

I want to say: like every card which you have made, not "like everyone"
Sorry for mistake - - :(

Bev said...

Fabulous card!! That litlte bird is just so sweet.

hugs Bev x