Thursday 29 May 2014

First Camping trip with Guides!

Well, yesterday we collected Amelia from her first ever real, stay away from home, a Guide camp. Apart from staying over with Nanny and Grandad, and the one night sleepover she did in the school hall with Guides before Christmas, this is was a first experience for us all.

I have been walking around feeling like my arm has been cut off, just feeling a bit lost and unable to settle with anything. Not consciously worried about her, but obviously thinking of her at certain times, like when the heavens opened, again and again. I wondered if it was more of a sailing trip than camping!

Amelia slept well last night, in fact she slept in until 9am this morning, absolutely unheard of!!!! Shame I was awake with Chris for yet another 5am start!

Anyway, this afternoon I was sat in the conservatory having a cuppa with my mum and we were laughing at the antics of a wood pigeon, strutting up and down on the playhouse roof then precariously balancing on the bird feeder stuffing its beak! Amelia watched with us for a while before she nodded off to sleep all twisted around the sofa with her glasses balancing off her tiny little nose!

I eased her around and she is still curled up on one end of the sofa with the cat curled up the other end! I do hope it's just lack of sleep catching up on her and not that she is coming down with a lurgie! 



Obviously Guide Camp was good, despite the appalling weather.

No comments: