Monday, 10 June 2013

Another attempt at the Faux Embossing technique

I thought I'd have another quick go at the Faux Embossing Technique that never really worked on the previous card. This was a really quick card for me, I am trying a few different sized cards as I now have more options using my scoreboard! 

Flowers were just die cuts from scraps of old patterned papers, backed with a few rough cut "circles" of tulle.

The gorgeous flourish from Everything Eleanor has been stamped twice and "lined-up" using my
Stamp-a-ma-jig. I chose more contrasting colours this time to hopefully give it a more raised effect. I still don't think that it really worked but I quite like the shadowy look I did achieve.

Loving my new stash, here are both cards I made today together. I think I like the second one more. Perhaps it's the contrast of the black rather than the "subtle-ness" of the brown...hmmm, not sure.

 I have already started another card using a different tutorial, but only the basics so far. I am really enjoying trying out a few new things- thank you for all the inspiration out there.

Don't forget to pop over and visit some of the fabulous inspiration over on


No comments: