Thursday 30 August 2007

My "Baby Boy" is 8 today!!!




Well this is only my third crafty attempt this month I think!!! So much to do and so little time!

Yesterday we all went to the zoo- had a great day. In the evening I had a Kent Wide Down Syndrome Group meeting to attend so at nearly 11pm last night, I managed to sit down to make a card. It was a card for a very special little boy who is 8 today- I cannot believe how quickly it has gone- he has grown so fast.
Today I had to go to the nursery where I will be starting work for a review meeting and handover and the rest of the day we are just all spending at home as a family. Lots of hugs and games for my special ones I think.

The card I ended up with is a bit ...er...different....from what I a comfortable with, rather a bold design for me but I came up with the idea and just had to go with it as it was fast approaching midnight and I was shattered. I used buttons to conform to not only the DCM "Who's pushing your buttons" dare but also Just Bex "Button it" challenge. I was just sewing on the wording and I thought it might be nice to sew on a few kisses too, but they looked like more buttons!!!!! hmmm.
Anyway, must go ........a Doctor Who cake is waiting to be eaten!! yum, yum

2 comments:

Kathy said...

This is fab! I love the colours and I especially love the way you've sewn on the greeting - that looks really great. Kisses masquerading as button stitching is probably best - he'd only get embarrassed at the mushy stuff!

The Cryer Family said...

Oh this is lovely! I really like your stitching in particular - it also stood out becaue my son Jack is 8 soon too!