Friday 5 July 2013

Attempting me first canvases!! EEK

I cannot believe it has been so long since blogging, it's been rather hectic and I still have two more reports to write this weekend before I am done this term.

Yesterday I went to visit Amelia's new school, how scary is it that she will start secondary school in September. I will be sad to see her leaving her current school, they have worked so hard with her and it was such a fight with the Educational system to get her any support at all for so many years. Hey ho, onwards and upwards.

Anyway, I am attempting to make a few little altered canvases. Only small ones, approx 12x17cms, so hopefully not too daunting for me. I keep telling myself it will be just like making a card but I am nervously excited about working on them.

So far I attacked them with a few various shades of acrylic paints, in a very mish mash random fashion, then made a half hearted attempt at using a bit of bubble wrap to splodge on a toning colour! (please don't expect any technical language here, splodge is very accurate to my stylee here!)


Then I stamped, very randomly, using Stampin Up; Travel journal, Viola's Lace and measuring stick. All of which can be found on  page 103 of the new catalogue - link at the top of my blog.


 Next, I did some more splodging with bubble wrap, using a silver acrylic paint. Once dry I attacked the edges with SU Soft Suede (page 145) and a sponge finger dauber (page 164)



Now all dry any ready for the next step this afternoon......which is.......

....LOL...I am not actually sure yet.......I haven't planned that far ahead!


No comments: