Friday 27 May 2011

A Barn Dance Style Card!!!






A friend at work asked me if I could make her a Barn Dance Style card for a Bridal Shower and like a mad woman, I said yes!! EEK.


I faffed around for ages trying to find inspiration but my mojo has, I fear, gone forever. I did however manage to tidy my craft room a little bit more. (At least the huge pile of 12x12 papers have found a new place and I can see some carpet!)


Eventually I felt I hit jackpot with some of the BasicGrey paper that I won on Facebook from a Cardmaking & Papercraft competition. The fabby "woodgrain effect papers" are from the Life of the Party collection and were just what I needed to get the ball rolling with this card.


I downloaded a couple of free "Western style" fonts and made my up a little Wanted Poster type sentiment, backed with a distressed piece of BG Mortifica and a little paper doily I attacked with some inks and glimmer mist. A few rustic touches of natural rafia "lace" and a bit of gingham ribbon hopefully complemented the theme. Finished of with the fabby image from the Charming, Holly & Madison Around the World Collection.




My card was made with the following in mind:


BasicGrey Challenge - Mix and match (I also used brads from the BG Suigared collection)

Creative card Crew - Anything goes

My Time to Craft - Use a die cut

2 comments:

Lou said...

Hi! Adele such a lovely card,a really great idea and love the colours/papers.
The wanted poster is so fab too.
thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges blog,
hugs Lou.xx

Lesley said...

Great and unusual card! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx