Sunday 10 August 2008

My First Dottie's World DT card!!!

It's been a bit of a whirlwind really, I was approached by Lou of Dottie's World on Friday and there was no way I could refuse........housework, NVQ, decorating...how can that compare with making Dottie & George cards!! (I'll still have to fit in hubby, kiddies and once September is upon us..a bit of work again!)

I planned to do lots of crafting yesterday but what with Jack being at the hospital with what turned out to be a fractured toe....I was running around with Amelia instead leaving me very little time for crafting. LOL...that's life.
I did manage to make my first card toward the Dottie DT team though. Basic card, fun & simple challenge....a great way to ease me in gently!

This week's Dottie Challenge is MULTI CHALLENGE-CHALLENGE!
This week all you have to do is use one of the Charmed downloads BUT (there's awlays a but isn't there!) you have to combine it with one or more challenges from other challenge blogs! I think it's great to combine challenges and I think it should be encouraged, so there you go, I'm encouraging you!

I decided to combine this with the challenge over on My Time to Craft where the theme is Christmas. For speed I used an image I hade alread printed and coloured in with watercoloured pencils (pre-Prisma days!) So I picked out some bright and fun colours to match the image.


15 comments:

Juliet said...

Beautiful work Adele - the colours work perfectly. So glad you joined the DT. xx

Louly said...

It's just fabulous Adele!!!I really love her wet boots. I can't believe how you even manage to make your quick cards look flippin' amazing!
Welcome in chuck.xx

Karen Mortensen said...

If that is what you call a quick and basic card I might as well hang up me ol' apron right now LOL

It's totally gorgeous, as all your work.

Can't tell you how thrilled I am to have you on the DT, I simply adore your work xxx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is absolutely fabulous Adele. Being a huge Dottie fan - I love what you have made for the challenge! Congrats on joining the DT by the way! Thanks for joining in with the MTTC challenge this week!

Sammi said...

It is just gorgeous Adele - I love the papers you have used!! :)
It's so exciting you are on the Dottie's World Team - I really look forward to seeing LOTS more of your Dottie and George cards! :)
Hope things are settling down at your house for you!
Sammi
xxx

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card Adele! I love Dottie's wet wellies and the whole card is fabulous.

Congrats again on being on the Dottie team xxx

Annie said...

wow love the card and the way you have used the cuttlebug in combination with the image. brilliant
Ann xxx

Ruth (ooffee) said...

I'm so pleased you are on the DT at Dottie's World. Thanks for the inspiration this week - look forward to seeing lots and lots more!

Love the colours on this card - i just LOVE Christmas!
xx

Miaou said...

Oh I like that! I love the fat cat in the corner and the "falalalala" round the holly - it's the little touches that make your cards so good!

Lesley said...

Great card, thanks for joining in the MTTC challenge this week xx

Jac’s Playground said...

This is beautiful, love teh papers you have used and the shiny wellies that Dottie is wearing.

Lavender Rose said...

Gorgeous card Adele, love the layout and the colours, Dottie's wellies are brilliant!

Becky said...

Many congratulations on your first DT card Adele, it's a real beauty! I can well sympathise with you trying to juggle study with family and craft, that was me last year but Crafting was the one thing that kept me sane so think of Dottie's World as your therapy!!
Love Becky xx

Arline said...

This is absolutely fab! Great colours! So Christmassy!xx

Sarah C said...

Fab, fab, fab card Adele xxx