Sunday 10 August 2008

Lots of crafting to do.....

....and look at the state of my craft room!!!

I have been getting stressed out recently as I am just not getting anything done. The house has come to a stand still and we just haven't the time or energy to get it done. I know building the extension took a big chunk of our finances and I can imagine it will take us years to get the house as we want it....it will be an ongoing job. It hit me the other day as I dropped in at a friend's house and came home envious of her skirting and architrave!!!LOL!
I have been trying to get some crafting done whilst the kiddies are on holiday and it's proving a challenge. Even letting them play on the PC for a while is a nightmare as the little craft room/study is so small...I felt I needed to take another step forward with craft storage so that the children can play alongside me crafting. Everything has been put on hold really until we can afford to install a new kitchen, as hubby is having a few of the old kitchen units for his garage and I am having a few in my craft room together with a lovely 3 metre worktop. But that seems all like pie in the sky at the moment.
Anyway for now hubby has raided the "stuff" in the garage and found me 2 floating shelves that we took down ages ago to have a wall plastered and decided not to put them back up. There is a third one....somewhere! He is an darling, he asked when I would like him to do it...I said NOW!!! So he did! Now ALL I have to do is re-organise my huge mess!!!
Hmmmmm....now what exactly should I put on the shelves?

7 comments:

torpenhow07 said...

Know what you mean, I've just got my craft room sorted and tidied. This time last week it looked like yours but now its all neat and in boxes so go for it you will be glad when it's done

Classroomfree said...

aww hunny, I am forever tidying my craft room no matter how much storage I have lol.

Congratulations on the Dottie DT news, I've just read it :o)

Anonymous said...

I don't have a craft room, I have one end of the dining room lol!

I'm about to have my bathroom ripped out, I've just a total rewiring job, my house is a complete mess right now...

I sympathise with you xxx

Anonymous said...

Me again.... I still don't have the perfect house but I'm happy, I have a lovely DH and DS - don't stress enjoy your family xxx

Ultramum said...

I'm always having to tidy up ! There's an award for you on my blog BTW. It's here

Sammi said...

That makes me feel good... I always seem to have to do tidying!!
Your DH is lovely to do that for you :) yay!

Sarah C said...

Wow, what a lovely DH. Sorting out a craft room/space usually takes longer than crafting does! Hope you got it done ok and that your house comes together quicker than you imagine xxx