Sunday 31 August 2008

115 Days to Christmas!!!

Over on Dottie's World this week it was Juliet's turn to set the challenge and what a great challenge too! Thank you Juliet!



So to the challenge - simple really, just make something Christmassy - a card, tag, decoration; absolutely anything as long as you include one of the downloads (it doesn't HAVE to be from the Christmas collection either as many of the other images are so adaptable).


The rest of the design team have created some absolutley amazing work so please pop over and check it out.

I loved this challenge and me, being me, I decided to use an image that wasn't from the Xmas bundle. It has been such a hectic week for me this week with Chris being on holiday, trying to decorate and then having Jack's Birthday....I ended up being pushed for time to make a card- so there I sat at the last minute with all these little images in front of me and ideas swirling around my head...unfortunately I have put most of them to one side for another day.

I ended up using Bedtime Dottie from the Dottie at home collection I thought she looked so appropriate "waiting for Father Christmas!" I kept the card really simple with the "white Christmas" theme in mind.


Yesterday Louise posted details of Dottie's World CustomerS of the month! Basically if you play along with the 115 Days to Christmas challenge you can get yourself a free exclusive Dottie Download Image...and it is divine...don't miss out!

12 comments:

Louly said...

Oh Adele you are amazing! You hit the spot every time.
I'd never have thought of using that image but it works absolutely perfectly!
I LOVE IT!

Juliet said...

Brilliant idea for this card Adele and the image fits perfectly! Love all the white too - the embossing and snowflakes are so effective.
Juliet xx

Karen Mortensen said...

What a gorgeous scrumy yummy card!! I love that pure crisp whiteness, you can almost hear the snow crunch underfoot, and then little Dottie all excited waiing for Christmas morning. It's amazing Adele in its purity and simplicity. I totally love it!

Sammi said...

Adele this is fantastic.. What a wonderful idea and what a gorgeous card!! Love the embossing!
Yes... White Christmasses really are 'only a dream' for me. LOL! :)
*hugs*
Sammi

Jac’s Playground said...

Wow this is stunning, I love that you have used a non christmassy image and made it so christmassy, makes me feel all warm and snuggly thinking about going to bed on christmas eve all excited! x

Sarah C said...

What a fantastic card. I'd never have thought of using this image for Christmas, but might just have to remember it now. Hope you don't mind if I possibly 'lift' that?
Great challenge it is too. I need to start making Christmas cards, so this will be a great start.

Becky said...

What a classy looking card Adele! Dottie looks so cute ready to go to bed and wait for Santa to come in the morning! Gorgeous!!
Love Becky xx

Anonymous said...

Brilliant card Adele, I also love the white and the embossing.

There is something on my blog for you. :o)

Jo said...

Brilliant, thanks for the inspiration :o)

Jo Nevill said...

This is stunning Adele, you are truly inspirational.

Hugs to you,

Jo x

Trace Dee said...

Adele your card is superb. I love all the different textures done with just white card.
love it, love it, love it

Tracey x x x

Sue said...

aww this is cute,love all the embossing and the snowflakes look fab:)

sue
xx