Sunday 24 August 2008

Dottie's been Tagged!

Over on Dottie's World it was time for me to set my first ever Sunday challenge!!! GULP!

I was going to be all prepared with an idea (that I needed to try out first may I add!) when Lou announced the “rota” and there I was at the top of the list and panic set in. With the children on holiday I put my idea away for another time and resorted to something a bit simpler!

"This week I want to see a tag or tags of any shape or size. It could be tag shape toppers, gift tags, tag books....and because hubby and me have just celebrated our wedding anniversary....for an extra Dottie bonus I would love to see some hearts and flowers too!!!"

The rest of the team have come up with some wonderful creations again; I hope you are as inspired as I am and Lou has shown some of the wonderful new "Spooky" collection too!

Here's what I came up with....after a lot of faffing around!




I loved working with the little love birds image, I had such fun blending colours for their plumage but unfortunately it doesn't really show on the pics.....after that I attacked them both with my pearlised paints, a glitter gel pen for detail and of course finished off with some glossy accents!

8 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

Adele is simply gorgeous! I love that image og Dottie and George and you have coloured it in beautifully! The embossed heart is gorgeous. I love it!

Louly said...

Love it, love it, love it! This is a super cute card Adele!I really like the gingham paper on it, it really countryfies it (I know it's not a word but you get what I mean right? LOL)
Thank you for seting a fabulous challenge, you're a natural.

Juliet said...

This is adorable Adele, love the colours, the flowers, the way you coloured the beautiful image - love it all!!!

Congratulations on setting a fabulous challenge.

Juliet xx

Nicola said...

Great cards and challenge,welldone on your first one,wasnt that bad was it?
Nicola.xx

Sammi said...

Great challenge Adele!! Well done on your first challenge! Can;t wait to create something for it... And what a GORGEOUS card!! it is so very lovely!!! I Love the cute little tags! :) I love the colours!
Sammi
xxx

Nicky said...

Great cards cannot wait to try this weeks challenge, just got pick DD up from work then I have the afternoon to create

Becky said...

So adorable Agele, they are coloured beautifully! An amazing card for an amazing challenge!
Love Becky xx

Sarah C said...

I loved your challenge and your samples. I managed to take part in this one and you helped me to make an acceptance card so thank you for that.
Late congratulations on your anniversary too xxx