Friday 18 July 2008

Gone Fishing!!!

Had a funny day today, Amelia is still poorly but at least she is starting to eat a bit more.

I have had this card sitting on the side half finsihed nearly all day and finally I added the few final touches and mounted it to some cardstock! I use the Fishing George from the Sporty George Collection . I water coloured this a while ago before I got my Prismacolors, I used a shimmery grey for the fish, topped with a little glitter glue, topped by a few layers of Glossy Accents....tried to get that "wet fish" look!!!!

I was given a boost to make this - not only to cross of another image from Juliet's Challenge but to complete this weeks Arty Girlz challenge too.




Mr Postie arrived with some more goodies for me today too. Some reduced papers and blooms that I ordered last weekend....AND two Design team stamps from the lovely Nikki over at DewDrop Craftz. I couldn't resist trying her out straight away Nikki. Meet my first Gerdy!! I have so many ideas hopping around my head (pardon the sad pun!) Thank you Nikki!!!!


Gerdy is in a flirty mood here I think, just look at her lipstick and bright blue glittery eyeshadow! I wonder who she is fluttering those lashes at!

8 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

Another smasher! I LOVE your work Adele! xx

Ruth (ooffee) said...

Great! You certainly achieved that wet fish look! Well done!

Gerdy is cute too! Off to take a closer look at her!
Ruth x

Louly said...

Oh I'm glad Amelia is starting to feel a little better, you must be both drained.
I love your fishing George card Adele that fish looks really effective a definate thumbs up from me! One more ticked off your list.

Kath Stewart said...

great card for the challenge - love the image and great colour work
Kath
xxxxx

Julie Allain said...

Your card is fantastic I love the touch of glossy accents on the fish ~ so effective

Thanks for joining in with this weeks Arty Girlz challenge xx

Bev said...

Wow, what a fabulous card, love it!

Juliet said...

Gorgeous George card Adele, love the colours you used and the fish is fab!! Gerdy looks super too.
Juliet xx

Crissi Harvey said...

Awww what a great card love everything about it.

Thanks for joining in with the Ary Girlz challenge.

crissi xx