Thursday 5 March 2009

Rotten day!

Yesterday afternoon the school rang asking me to collect Amelia from her after school club as she "wasn't settling!" Well with no trained staff in place for most of the day and no strategies in place to support her it's just going from bad to worse.





I really struggled to take her in this morning but as we approached the school we were advised her support worker wasn't in, so in a moment of madness I just turned around and brought her back home with me. Then I had a 40 minute conversation with the LEA SEN advisor who wanted to tell me that they cannot promise Amelia a placement at the SN Junior School in September. I am not quite sure what to do but I just know that it cannot carry on the way it is. They have had her in the school for 4 and a half years and still nothing is in place-they just want to wash their hands of her now. Let's face it they are hardly likely to put anthing in place when she is leaving in July. Am I mad to even consider Home Ed, I don't think it will be right for either me or Amelia but do we really have any choice...what with that, supporting Jack towards his 11+, work, NVQ.........yes I am mad to even consider but I feel backed into a corner with no way out.





On a much lighter note Mr Postie arrived with the Nesties I had ordered back in January and some beautiful images that Maddy had stamped for me to use with my Copics! Thank you Maddy-you are a little darling! It's funny how I seem to have little guardian angels there to boost me when I am struggling. Thank you. xx

9 comments:

Paula's ponderings said...

sending you a cyber hug Adele. I hope you find a solution that suits you all. How lovely to get something in the post to cheer you up. XX

Jac’s Playground said...

My heart goes out to you both and I really do hope that a workable soloution is found, the education system is failing so many children like this. Sending you and Amelia many hugs. x

Hazel said...

Sending you lots of hugs, Adele (wish I could give them to you in person - and for Amelia too). It is dreadful that this situation exists. Maddy is a true gem. x

annmarie said...

I don't usually feel involved in people's struggles about kids' schools - my own schooldays are long gone, and I don't have much first hand contact.

This one is a different matter and I am hopping mad!! It seems incredible that it is four and a half years and they still haven't got their act together :o and it is all yet more struggle and hassle for you.

Am I daft or do I remember that they have an obligation to provide appropriate education?? We are all paying for them not doing so, and in the end we will pay more because they have not.

I think it totally ludicrous for the government to insist on raising the school leaving age and putting ever more people into uni when they haven't sorted out the basics: while there are still illiterate adults and a lack of provision for such as Amelia they should put funds into that.

I will hop off my soapbox forthwith!! And wish you all the best. Glad you had a happy surprise to cheer you up.

Karen Mortensen said...

I am so sorry to hear that you are having problems with the authorities again. I hope things work out for you all. Big hugs xxx

H said...

Hugs Adele, Have you tried taking it to the papers ? If you have tried everything else and getting nowhere then maybe try that and see if that gets you anywhere.
Hope you get somewhere with this soon

Lisa Kind said...

Sorry to hear about your troubles with your daughter's school. Things will work out...they always do. How fun to get those great images in the mail! I love happy mail! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

Lisa :)

Stressed Stamper said...

Adele
Life seems so hard for you at the moment, please keep strong, we are all with you.I too am having a touch time, my younger sister has terminal cancer, my sister and i have to have tests, my dad has just had prostate cancer, and my best firind is recovering from cancer. Life is tough, but we get on, and cherish every moment. Sending you a huge huge hug to keep you going,do do not do home schooling, you also need "me" time. Hope today brings you a smile

Sarah

DebsCraft said...

Sorry to hear nothing has been done still Adele :( I think it's disgraceful! It's a real up hill battle, and you all deserve so much better ♥
Sending big Hugs,

Debs x