Sunday 8 March 2009

Dottie's World Challenge.

Before I tell you about this week's challenge I just want to say what a fabby, fabby birthday I had yesterday. I got a beautiful bunch of red roses, choccies, wine, socks, toiletries, a scarf, a CD, a DVD, money.....but the biggest surprise of them all was my very naughty hubby Chris who got me a fantastic ipod nano!!! (and some little speaker dock...sorry don't know the right termonology. Spent a bit chunk of the day yesterday playing with iTunes and organising my music. Yesterday evening my mum and dad looked after the children for a few hours and we went for a quick meal before mum got on her dialysis machine. A perfect day, feeling very relaxed now, just hope it can last a few days before the pressures of schooling crops up again!

Right that enough waffle I will come back later to show you some of the fantastic cards I received but for now,, lets get on with Dottie's Challenge!

This week it was Nicola's turn to set the challenge on Dottie's World!

I would like to see some kind of fabric incorperated in the card or item, it could be felt,ribbon,lace,cotton etc and ofcourse a Charmed Cards and crafts download.

Loved this, despite having no mojo with the draining effects of the week, I love felt so I decided to dig out the bag from the depths of the cupboard and make up some simple little flowers. I really enjoyed the basic sewing on them too! Thank you for the challenge Nicola!


I used papers from Basic Grey, Sugared, lace from a RAK from the lovely Carole, hearm charm from Charmed Cards and Crafts, my new Nesties -label 1, and the wonderful Lady Pusskins Download from the Animal Magic Collection.

Coloured with my Copics of course: E33 sand, E35 chamois, E53 raw silk, E47 Dark brown, Y17 golden yellow, YR23 yellow ochre, YG95 pale olive and G99 Olive.

12 comments:

Monique said...

What a wonderful card. Love all the details, great job with the challenge.

xx Monique (Netherlands)

MarkerGeek said...

This is fab! Great colouring with those Copics!

Glad you had a great birthday, and a belated happy birthday from me!

Juliet said...

Glad you had a fab day yesterday Adele!xx Love this card - Lady Pusskins looks right at home here with the lovely papers and embellies.
Juliet xx

Louly said...

Absolutely gorgeous Adele, as ever!

Karen Mortensen said...

Adele it's wonderful! Those colours are too die for!! You're the Queen of colouring in, absolutely brill!!! I totally love the felt flowers and the new frames are great (I've got loads of new Nestibilities coming to Charmed very soon /ad).

Glad you had a great birthday, if anyone deserved a fab day it's you! xxxxx

Jac’s Playground said...

Glad you had such a wonderful birthday, belated best wishes from me x Now onto your card, wow I love it your felt flowers are lovely so tactile.

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Adele, beautifully coloured!
Clairex

Jen said...

Beautiful card Adele, I love that cute download.
Jen x

Hazel said...

It looks a super card, Adele and I bet it feels very special too. Happy Birthday wishes for yesterday - glad you had a good day, you deserve it. x

Sarah C said...

Love this card Adele. I have something for you on my blog xoxo

Kim x said...

Beautiful card Adele! Well done with your flowers they are so cute.
Kim x

Tara Godfrey said...

Such a great card, Adel! I love the texture and "feel" of it! The image is adorable and your colouring is really outstanding! I love how you used your Nesties. I have yet to actually nest them but must have a go now that I have seen how fab it looks!
I am sooo glad you had a great b-day and you got some "me" time and some time with hubby,smile!
Happy belated Birthday!!!!
Hugs,t