Sunday 19 July 2009

A framed Pixie!



I am plodding through my NVQ still- got nearly all my written work up to date but waiting for my assessor to go through it now. Hopefully the end is in sight and I still have a few weeks to go until the deadline.
I started blitzing the house yesterday and then I allowed myself a little bit of time last night to craft...unfortunately I was so shattered I fell asleep after only colouring a few images! Ooops!
I usually get up about 5.30-6.00 with Amelia but she came in late this morning at 8.40am! Goodness-haven't laid in that late for years! Problem being that was going to be my crafty time!LOL.
Anyway, managed to finish my latest card. I have several to make for the children's teachers so I need to get a move on! This one is for this weeks challenge over at Dottie's World. Tara set it this week and she said;
I would like to see you creating some sort of a frame or border on your card. You could create a frame for your image, your card or both. Feel free to use the downloads for your frame, or you could try stamping elements, die cutting, punching shapes, embellishments......... anything goes really! Just remember to use one of our downloads for your main image too!
I used Water Lily from the Pixie Chicks #2 collection and framed her with an embossed frame made with my nesties and some blooms and leaves.
I am also entering this into Karen's blog candy! Do not miss out on this one!

6 comments:

Rachelxx said...

~~Beautiful card & the sentiment is lovely :-)
Rachelxx

Tara said...

This is just stunning Adele! The rich colours work perfectly and those glittery wings are adorable! xx

Gunn (Merete) said...

Another great card. I almost forgot this sweetie. She is great, and the colors suits her perfectly.
Hugs
Gunn :-D

Nicole Bailey said...

Love it Adele! It's just beautiful...and your coloring in is flawless!

Claire Phillips said...

Absolutely beautiful - thanks for popping by my blog! x

Karen Mortensen said...

Another totally stunning card from you Adele. Best of luck in our draw xxx