Wednesday, 31 October 2007

A ribbon topped recipe for Amelia!





















Well I eventually managed to finish Amelia's birthday card just before leaving for the school run this afternoon..left my glossy accents drying as I shut the door!! Thank you to the Daring Card Makers for such great inspiration.

If you've already done your "Wrap it in Ribbon for Christmas" card and you're ready for a new challenge how about trying our Little Extra for this week. We're still playing with those wonderful Ribbon Oasis ribbons but this time we've got a Ribbony Recipe for you to play with.
The ingredients you need to use on your cards are:
4 brads/eyelets
3 circles
2 rectangles
and lashings of ribbon!
What sort of card you make is up to you this time - as long as you've got all those ingredients on there the choice is yours.

Here's how I made use of the "ingredients!"


4 Brads- x3 off-centred for flower centres, x1 to hold those scrummy ribbons!!
3 circles- cheated with these. I started off as just circles then I had the idea of using them as oversized centres of flowers!
2 rectangles-the backing papers and card
Lashings of ribbon!!Broke my heart using this lot, but at least I get to keep it in a way! Ribbon bunched with a brad in the corner, the stems and leaves of the flowers, used as a divider between the 2 rectangles, a little dash of ribbon on the greeting and lastly the little cat's collar!!!

21 comments:

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow really nice Card. Love this paper and embellis. gorgeous.

Andrea said...

Great card, I love the stitching and the little mouse and cat are so cute

Jules said...

Now that is superb! Excellent work hun, it's fab :o)

Jules x

Nick said...

Gorgeous Adele, its sooo detailed!!!

Rein said...

Wow gorgeous card!!
Perfect card for a girl!

Sarah said...

That is lovely, I am sure Amelia will love it!

Kaz said...

Gorgeous card, love it.

Hazel said...

Happy Birthday, Amelia! The card is absolutely fab!

AnnieB said...

that's the nicest personalised card I think I have ever seen
Lucky Lucky Amelia (and Happy Birthday to her too!)
that must have taken an absolute age

well done!

pink-petal-designs said...

wow, you make such lovely cards, i love this one !!

LisaBabe said...

This is an amazing card, Adele - I just LOVE it.

Hope Amelia had a great birthday.

esther said...

very sweet card you have incorporated the elements well. Happy Birthday to you DD

Keryn Campbell said...

Gorgeous card. Amelia is going to love it.

Paula said...

Fab card, love the colour & the elements.

Kim said...

Absolutely gorgeous, wow! Love the stitching too.

Katy said...

Happy Birthday Amelia! Lovely card (again!!!!)
Go on, make a rubbish one...please! ;)

Frog said...

Gorgeous card Adele so cute.

Andrea x

Sally Dawkins said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i always find kids cards a bit tricky but this is lovely its brill xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

stamp and scrape said...

Beautiful, beautiful card - I'm sure Amelia will be thrilled with this.
Ros

Juliet said...

Fantastic design Adele - I just love everything about this card!

Karen said...

What a fabby card!! Love everything about it!