Monday 12 May 2008

A Dottie challenge....for HUBBY!!!!

As I have mentioned before it's hubby's 40th next month and today I was very self indulgent and ignored the things I SHOULD be doing and made up a couple of 6x6 LOs as a feeble little start for a gift.
I took the opportunity to play along with the first Dotties World Challenge where you have to use inspiration from a paper piecing tutorial! I have never really done this before and to be honest I cheated a bit by using one of the tiny little sample squares off of a Basic Grey Pack- that way the patterned paper was the same but I had a smaller print for Dotties dress. I had such fun adding detail to Dottie. I used both glossy accents and liquid pearls to highlight little buttons on her shoes, the lacy on her dress, her jewellery and of course...her crown!
Sorry the colours are awful but you get the idea!





10 comments:

Louly said...

I'm glad to see you've got your priorities right! LOL.
This is devine Adele, I love how you've use the smaller version for the dress, I'd have done that too. Your Hubby is going to love it. I love the photo of your beautiful daughter too.
Thanks for taking part.xx

Jac’s Playground said...

Gorgeous los and a beautiful little girl. Love the way you have used the glossy accents and liquid pearls they really finish dottie off a treat.

Nicola said...

Oh what a lovely layout! and what an angelic picture of Daddys little Princess, Dottie fits in perfectly & beautifully done with her necklace and accessories on her dress!
Nicola.xx

Hazel said...

These are beautiful, Adele - as is Amelia. Glad that you took time out to do them - look forward to seeing more.

Apryl said...

its lovely Adele truelly beautiful I'm sure your hubby will love it.

ella bella said...

stunning layout, love everything about it, beautiful work :)

Peechy said...

fabby lo's!! and what a brill giraffe!

Karen Mortensen said...

I simply adore this Adele. Absolutely gorgeous!!

Max said...

What a super layout ... hubby will be blown away when he sees it.

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

WoW!! Beautiful LOs and adorable pictures...I'm sure he'll be thrilled with it xxx