Sunday 16 October 2011

Lazing on a Sunday afternoon!



Been a fuuny weekend really, trying to catch up onn the 1001 jobs that need doing around the house but actually achieving a bit fat nothing! LOL

I am very slowly helping my mum with a bit of knitting.....it is actually part of my Christmas present from Mum and Dad, but me being me, I chose a hooded aran coat. Seeing as, to make matters worse, I chose a dark marl grey, I offered to knit the sleeves!

In a moment of utter madness on Friday evening, we bidded for a piano on Ebay. None of us can really play, although Jack can read music and can play a few tunes on his electric keyboard. We thought it would be something fun to do with Amelia. Anyway, to our complete surprise, we won the bid at £21 and picked the piano up this morning. Not 100% sure of it at the moment, it doesn't really fit with the "decor" of our dining room but I really cannot moan for what we paid.


So far we have had renditions of Jupiter from "the planets" by Jack and we are trying to teach Amelia to play Happy Birthday. I feel I need to label / colour code the keys perhaps but we have had fun anyway.
,




Just finished tidying the kitchen after a lovely roast dinner, now I am going to sit in the sunshine of the conservatory and chill as I finish my wine and do a few more rows of knitting.

3 comments:

Kath said...

Wow! That was a bargain. I hope you have a lot of pleasure from your new piano.

Creative Treasures said...

What a fab bargain, I'm sure everybody will have loads of fun learning to play it. I bet the hooded aran coat will look fab when finished.

Tracy
x

MovingCompaniesOnline.com said...

great blog...




Orlando Moving Companies
Penske Truck Rental