Friday 11 May 2012

Bunting on a man's card!!!


As you may know if you have read a few previous posts, there is a "Put the flags out" challenge this month over at Carolyn's.  Last weekend I was browsing a few online shops looking for inspiration and came across an example of bunting that was sewn on to a card. I thought I'd give it a go as the original looked really nice!

Well the actual sewing of the bunting is rather messy, it was so fiddly trying to feed the tiny little triangles through my sewing machine but I was quite pleased with the overall card. AND to top it all I am one step ahead for my Father-In-Laws Retirement Bash in JULY!!!!!!! (Thud as I fall off my chair at being organised!)




As you can see I used my new Fleur De Lis Square Nesties again, and stamped the Crafty Individuals stamp onto plain cream card that I had previously attacked with Distress Inks and Glimmer Sprays.

The little bunting I had cut from REALLY old scraps of BG, I think it's from the Sublime Collection, many moons ago. I then stamped over it with a music paper stamps I found lurking in my cupboards.
To brighten up the vintage look I choose Alias,Skate Shoppe paper also by BasicGrey. The gingham ribbon, to give it a little modern kick...hopefully.

This "relaxing"card fits in with the challenge over at Cards for Men. and also the recipe challenge over at Basic Grey Challenges. (1 image, 2 papers, 3 embellishments.bunting, ribbon,charm)


I LOVED making this.
Thank you for the inspiration.
x X x




1 comment:

Michelle B. said...

A truly unique card, fab! Love the layout and all your details! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards for Men!