Saturday 1 June 2013

A Father's day Card....NOT A BOX!!!!


Yes, IT'S NOT ANOTHER BOX!!!! LOL

Mother and Father In-Law are visiting today so I had to make a rushed card ready for Father's Day as they are going away on holiday. It's a bit of a mish mash card, thrown together as once again I have no forward thinking or organisations skills. (Especially when your head has been full of cold for 19 days!)

I used some old Basic Grey Paper, Stampin' Up Vine Street embossing folder-which I also used as a stamp for the background of the main image. I over stamped in black the lovely phone box from the SU Feeling Sentimental set. I then made up a "manly flower" by layering a small round sentiment stamp.


Lots of destressing, inking and a bit of  metallic rub ons to enhance the textures.

I took inspirations from a few challenges today;

Cards for Men -Dad
Sketch N Stash - No 114. 
Daring Cardmakers - Make it Yourself 
A Card a Day - week 27th may

It's been a loooong time since I used a sketch challenge and I really found it helped me speed up my dithering this morning! Thank you for all the inspiration......tomorrow I will be back to boxes! 


7 comments:

Kathy said...

Great card Adele! Perfect for The Daring Cardmakers' "Make it Yourself" challenge this week. And now....back to those boxes hahahaha

Anne said...

Fabulous Dad card! Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men this time. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Anne (CFM DT)

Juls said...

Oooooh this is fab!!!

Miri said...

You handmade "male flower" is fabulous!!! What a nice card.

Svenja said...

"Male" cards are always a little tough to me. Yours does look great and the "male flower" surely is an idea to remember!

PAC CHARITY CARDS said...

Great card I love your vintage design

Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men.

Caz

Hazel said...

Super card x